Saturday, December 27, 2008

Verizon Makes my Blood Boil!

I think I mentioned we purchased the BBerry Storm at the beginning of December. It's for my DH (used a small portion of his promotion bonus).

We saw a promotion they were running - "purchase the Storm and receive two free Phx Suns basketball ticket vouchers." We love the Suns! I felt that the tickets would be worth it - and a great present for my husband's Bday.

The phone was not in stock, so we handed over the money and got the receipt and rebate form ($50!) and asked abt our tickets. The gentleman said that they were out at the moment, but to call Customer Care and they would send them to us.

I tried calling several times - the wait times were crazy. I finally got through today. The Care dept has never heard of that promotion. It was televised on a Suns game, I still have it DVR'd.
=( They told me to call the store.

So, after another 10 minute wait, I got a hold of the "manager". He apologized (rudely) and said that the were out of the tickets a full 10 days before we purchased the Storm. Which to me is even worse, why did the guy not just tell us that? He said he would coach our salesman, but there was nothing else he could do.

After I picked my jaw up off of the ground, I asked for his manager's name and phone number. He gave me his name, but then asked for my phone number and said "John" would call me right back. I made a comment about not getting a phone call. The manager called me rude. I told him that I was not being rude, that I was just upset about not getting my tickets.
That was an hour ago... I have not gotten my call back.

However, I did do a survey and included everything on their website, and also sent an email to their Customer Service group. I will follow-up on Monday with a letter to their Office of the President.
I have spent a pretty penny at Verizon, I feel they need to honor their offer to me.

-:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:-

The $50 rebate from above will got to my smalled credit card!! I cannot wait to get it!! (hope we actually get it!)

-Leigh

2 comments:

  1. I have Verizon too and after being with Sprint, they have actually been great to us. But I joined found your blog. I have just started mine as well: mydebtcomeback.blogspot.com.

    I really like your layout and your plan. I haven't read your full story yet....but if you guys are in so much debt (like me) wouldn't it have been a better idea not to buy the Storm to begin with?? Right now, I want a 46" LCD flat screen so bad and I am doing everything in my power to resist. :)

    I will definitely track your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. on another note because doesn't your monthly bil go up by $30 to add the data plan??

    ReplyDelete